You can start using the new Westlaw from a preview link in the Library Search record. On first use, you may be prompted for your name and LSE email address after logging on with your LSE username and password.
A new Westlaw UK platform will replace the current one from 05/08/2019.
What you need to know and do?
- Start using the new Westlaw now. Go to Library Search record and access from the link in the note. On first use, you will need to register with your name and LSE email address after logging on with your LSE username and password. Currently both versions are available.
- Redirects will be in place from Library Search (catalogue) records after 5/8/2019.
- Personalisation - If you have used personalisation features such as setting up the ‘My Westlaw profile’ and any saved searches, documents or alerts, these will be lost after 5 August. You will need to create new alerts within the new Westlaw.
- Deep document links manually created will break e.g. links to a specific case or article, which you may have manually created for Moodle or in teaching resources. Academic staff can contact your liaison librarian to assist you in updating deep links should you need to ready for the start of term. The good news is that there is no need for a separate Westlaw account to do this anymore.
- Access to the current (old Westlaw) will cease on 5/8/2019.
Please do start using the much improved Westlaw both and off campus and contact the Library, Library.firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about it.